La Petite Ferme COVID 19 Protocols
Befitting our status as one of the leading destinations in the Franschhoek valley, La Petite Ferme prioritises the wellbeing of our guests and valuable team members.
We recognise the critical role we play in providing safe tourism and dining experiences. We commit to enforcing the approved protocols and directions. We understand and support our industry's responsibility in helping South Africa's leaders in their measures taken to minimise the spread of COVID-19. We, therefore, promise to uphold and adhere to the Tourism and Hospitality Industry Standard Protocols for COVID-19 Operations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
La Petite Ferme joins the ranks of committed hospitality stakeholders understanding that this unprecedented global health crisis calls for drastic measures. We all have an essential role to play if we wish to play a meaningful role in the recovery of tourism worldwide.
The restaurant is open to the public for lunches on Saturdays and Sundays, as well as dinners on Friday and Saturdays. The restaurant is open for dinner to in-house guests daily. At all times we will limit seating to 50 % guests capacity. We will keep evaluating and rest assured that we will keep you well-informed as soon as these operational days and times do change over time.
Our hotel guests will otherwise enjoy exclusive access to the central shared spaces and restaurant. With reduced seating numbers and increased table spacing in the interests of social distancing, we have decided to open our operation incrementally. Guests staying with us will also be allocated their own dining space during their stay. When we decide to open the restaurant to the public we will allocated central spaces and sections of the restaurant exclusively to our hotel guests.
We have trained all our staff on the latest best practices of COVID-19 protocols as well as best practice concerning public health measures. We have communicated these public health measures to all relevant employees at La Petite Ferme. Thank you for your understanding, and we urge all guests and trade partners to work together to flatten the curve of the COVID-19 pandemic.
For more information, please visit the official South African official COVID-19 Portal. For the standard tourism industry COVID-19 protocols, please visit WHO and TBCSA. Finally, remember that we are here for you.
Please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly to discuss any concerns or suggestions you may have.
Good to know
- Situated on an exclusive wine farm on the outskirts of Franschhoek
- Wide-open spaces
- Private verandas
- Contactless check-in, payments and check-outs
- Hand sanitiser available in guest suites and public areas
- Room sanitisation protocols implemented
- Hygiene protocols with third party suppliers implemented
- Vineyard Suites have a chemically treated private plunge pool and Manor House a communal chemical treated pool. Manor House suites have pool loungers on their private patio.
- Should there be a suspected case of COVID-19, we have an isolation room on the property
- Paarl Medi Clinic is a short drive away. South Africa has a network of some of the best private hospitals and healthcare systems in the world
- Guests and staff will undergo daily temperature screenings (unobtrusive of course)
- Guest will undergo temperature checks on arrival and departure
- Guest to answer a few basic medical questions on arrival
- All tables adequately spaced
- You will receive a designated table for the duration of your stay in each dining setting
- Private dining spaces, including your private veranda at your suite
- Meals are individually prepared in a controlled environment by our highly trained culinary team under strict hygiene protocols
- No breakfast buffets. Instead, each guest will receive a bespoke breakfast selection
- Educated about strict COVID-19 health check protocols
- Staff undergo health screenings including temperature checks when arriving on the hotel premises
- Wear masks always
- Refrain from handshakes and any other forms of physical contact
- Practice physical distancing and always maintain a safe distance from guests and fellow staff members